Customizing Your Pool Shape: Options and Ideas
Your pool is the centerpiece of your backyard oasis, so why not make it truly unique with a custom shape? There are endless possibilities when it comes to designing a custom pool, and with the help of a professional pool builder, you can create a pool that perfectly suits your needs and style.
Benefits of a custom pool shape
There are many benefits to choosing a custom pool shape. For one, it allows you to create a pool that is perfectly suited to your backyard space. If you have a unique or irregularly shaped yard, a custom pool Phoenix Pool Remodel can help you make the most of your space.
Custom pools also offer more flexibility in terms of design. You can choose a pool shape that complements your home’s architecture or that reflects your personal style. You can also incorporate features like swim-up bars, tanning ledges, and water features into your pool design.
Finally, custom pools can be a great way to increase the value of your home. A unique and well-designed pool is a major selling point, and it can help your home stand out from the competition.
Popular custom pool shapes
While there are endless possibilities when it comes to custom pool shapes, there are a few popular choices that are often requested by homeowners. These include:
- Geometric shapes: Geometric shapes like rectangles, squares, and circles are classic and timeless choices for custom pools. They are also relatively easy to build, which can help keep costs down.
- Freeform shapes: Freeform pools offer more flexibility in terms of design. They can be curved, wavy, or even have multiple shapes incorporated into their design. Freeform pools are often used to create a more natural and organic look in the backyard.
- L-shaped pools: L-shaped pools are a popular choice for homeowners with limited space. They are also a good option for homeowners who want to incorporate multiple features into their pool design, such as a swim-up bar or tanning ledge.
- Kidney-shaped pools: Kidney-shaped pools are another popular choice for homeowners with limited space. They offer a more organic look than geometric pools, but they are still relatively easy to build and maintain.
Custom pool shape ideas
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your custom pool shape, here are a few ideas:
- Infinity pool: Infinity pools are designed to create the illusion of blending in with the horizon. This is achieved by having one edge of the pool overflow into a catch basin. Infinity pools are a great way to create a sense of luxury and sophistication in your backyard.
- Lagoon pool: Lagoon pools are designed to create a natural-looking oasis in your backyard. They often feature freeform shapes, rock formations, and waterfalls. Lagoon pools are a great option for homeowners who want to create a relaxing and inviting space for their family and friends.
- Beach entry pool: Beach entry pools feature a gradual slope that leads into the water. This makes them a great option for families with young children or seniors. Beach entry pools also offer a more natural look than other types of pools.
- Multi-level pool: Multi-level pools feature different depths at different points. This makes them a great option for homeowners who want to incorporate a variety of activities into their pool, such as swimming, sunbathing, and lounging. Multi-level pools can also be used to create a more visually interesting space in the backyard.
Other ways to customize your pool
In addition to choosing a custom pool shape, there are other ways to customize your pool to make it truly unique. These include:
- Pool finishes: There are a variety of pool finishes available, including concrete, plaster, and fiberglass. Each finish has its own unique look and advantages. For example, concrete pools are durable and versatile, while plaster pools offer a variety of color and design options.
- Pool tile: Pool tile can be used to add a touch of personality and style to your pool. You can choose from a variety of colors, patterns, and materials. For example, glass tile is a popular choice for its durability and ability to create a shimmering effect in the water.
- Water features: Water features like waterfalls, fountains, and grottos can add a touch of luxury and sophistication to your pool. They can also help to create a more relaxing and inviting space in the backyard.
- Pool lighting: Pool lighting can be used to create a variety of moods and atmospheres in your backyard. For example, underwater lights can be used to illuminate the pool at night, while landscape lights can be used to create a more dramatic effect.
If you’re looking for a pool that is truly unique, consider choosing a custom pool shape. With the help